Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 64: Finally Hailed a Cab

Ode Club Monaco Outfits
From left to right:
Look 1: Iman shirt, Fabian chinos
Look 2: Devon shirt (yes, this was from the men's side...but it's so soft!)
Look 3: Nina scoop back top (one of my faves)
Look 4: Julie turtleneck (part of my gifted outfit), last year's skirt

Over the weekend, I discovered wine & beer make me drowsy. It's been the first experience I've had where things get blurry and I can't walk in a straight line. I FINALLY understand that MADD commercial where they use those wine glasses to impair the driver's vision to show you what it looks like through a drunk person's eyes. I have never felt so drowsy after drinking alcohol. It's like I was in a random state of existence. Trippy.

I went back to Ottawa... it was sort of a last minute thing. I didn't tell anyone that I was going back, so those who did see me - you should feel special. And, those who didn't see me, you're still special - but I'm sad I didn't get to see you. One of the reasons I went back is because I was inducted to the International Golden Key Honour Society. Wasnt' that big of a deal... but I paide $100 for the lifetime membership, so I figured I'd and grace them with my attendance... jkjk. It turned out to be only a 10 minute gathering. Waste. There was also a Begin2Believe event that I was helping with photography. I've been so lucrative with my leave Ottawa for Toronto, that some old friends didn't even know until now. My bad. Ottawa was chilly, but still the place I love.

The magazine cycle is starting to pick up now. Slowly but surely. I started the day by packing last minute things for the editorial 17-page spread photoshoot that's going on for the next two days. The shoot is being spread throughout Toronto and the GTA. We took a taxi to the trailer to pass along stuff. It was a nice break from sitting in the office all the time. Later on in the day, they needed some things to be packed up for a local designer, so again, hit the taxis and head over to a new location, packed things up, and headed to the designer's studio. First time being in a designer's studio... kind of fun. We actually got to meet the designer, which was super awesome. I didn't know what to say...the other intern said, "Hey, nice to meet you. I really like your clothes." And, all I said was, "Hi, we talked on the phone..." Oh god...how embarrassing. Ah well. I really want to be on set for one of the editorial shoots before my internship is done. Please?

So pretty much, I'm scheduled every week on Monday nights at Club Monaco guaranteed. This week, maybe they put me on a Sat instead of the Wed because I sold like $500 worth of clothes to this lady last week. I'm starting to get the hang of their sales tactics (i.e. sweet talking). I sealed the deal for a scarf this man wanted by : a)mentioning it as a sale item b) the colour complimenting both his hair and eyes. Haha. Oh this feels wrong.~ But I was telling the truth. Anywho... I think this manager has beef with me ever since I asked him about my gifted outfit and he snapped at me saying, "Kristy, not to be disrespectful, but this is the least of my problems." Sigh. I don't like being on people's bad side. And today, he forgot about my half hour break, and made me take it after close (meaning I had no where to go but stay in the breakroom). Adding Club Monaco to my plate has really made me test myself as to whether I can handle stress, fatigue, and stamina. I feel like I'm subconsciously testing myself to see where my limits are. We'll see if I go crazy soon enough.

Looking forward to the Pandora event going on later this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment