Before vintage shopping, I checked out the Bay for their "Bay Day Sales". Everything in the store was at least 30% off. So, here was my chance to check out the ring I fell in love with from the beauty shoot they did for the magazine. The ring is by Alex Fraga, a Brazilian jewelry designer. Originally I liked the amethyst 3-D stone ring with a stone band, but it didn't fit very well and only comes in one size. So, the sales lady showed me another few, and I found the perfect one - an emerald stone ring w/ a stone band. Oh my, did it ever look so lovely. Didn't end up buying it though. I didn't feel like shelling out all that money at once. Maybe when I start making more money.. I mean any money at Club Monaco.
That day, I had to take the street car up to Bloor once I finished to meet up a friend. I feel like I'm starting to get used to the transit systems in Toronto more since I don't feel the need to look up directions all the time anymore. There are no maps of bus routes, but they're basically straight lines that go N-S or E-W, so that maps aren't really required. But, that day, I literally walked for 6 hours - it was a walking mood. Makes me think of this song.
Oh, so today was Gap's 40% of regular priced item one-day sale. I bought a few items along with my friend. Today was also American Apparel's special customer sale in Ottawa. My friend said there was a crazy line up for it and at least 30% off everything in the store. Tears for not being there.
Sunday. I went to Dim Sum with my roommates and our friend, who also went to University of Ottawa but is from Toronto. We jokingly call ourselves a family, and that we go on family outings. This was one of them. After that, the boys went to watch a movie while us girls shopped. We were at Fairview Mall. In comparison to Ottawa, I'd say it was a bigger Bayshore. It has H&M and Forever 21, but no Urban Outfitters. This was my first time on the purple line of the subway system. Hooray for exploration. And, hooray for some rejuvenating purchases.
- Gap: black skinny long belt w/ gold buckle $16
- Gap: tan brown belt $10
- Gap: grey & tan cut-out tights; black & cream thigh-high socks $cheap
- Forever21: off-white open-toe strap band heels w/ ankle strap $32 (what a steal for heels)
- Forever21: multi-colour knitted toque w/ pom pom $9
- TradeSecrets: OPI nail polish (top coat, black onyx - for work, big apple red, and makes men blush) $9.95 - Buy 1 Get 1 50% off. - girls, buy your OPI from tradesecrets.. it's cheaper than Sephora. Though, Sephora does have some special colours for the Christmas season that are hard to pass up. I saw this gold glitter one that is so awesome. Another day.