Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Weekend was for walking.

Vintage Shopping. One of the interns gave me a list of vintage places to check out downtown. There's quite a few on Queen Street. So, Saturday..I took this lovely day to walk from Yonge Street to Dufferin (which is a really long-ass walk, about an hour walk). I stopped by about 3 vintage shops. It was nice to walk around Queen Street West. There's plenty of things to see.. and as you get further, there's nice cafes and tiny art galleries. I didn't end up finding anything right, since some things I liked weren't my size. I haven't completely given up on vintage... but I got pretty tired of it after that day. There is one store I do still want to check out... it's called Apt 909 on Dundas West. Apparently, this place is where Japanese people go to, to be inspired for looks.

Before vintage shopping, I checked out the Bay for their "Bay Day Sales". Everything in the store was at least 30% off. So, here was my chance to check out the ring I fell in love with from the beauty shoot they did for the magazine. The ring is by Alex Fraga, a Brazilian jewelry designer. Originally I liked the amethyst 3-D stone ring with a stone band, but it didn't fit very well and only comes in one size. So, the sales lady showed me another few, and I found the perfect one - an emerald stone ring w/ a stone band. Oh my, did it ever look so lovely. Didn't end up buying it though. I didn't feel like shelling out all that money at once. Maybe when I start making more money.. I mean any money at Club Monaco.

That day, I had to take the street car up to Bloor once I finished to meet up a friend. I feel like I'm starting to get used to the transit systems in Toronto more since I don't feel the need to look up directions all the time anymore. There are no maps of bus routes, but they're basically straight lines that go N-S or E-W, so that maps aren't really required. But, that day, I literally walked for 6 hours - it was a walking mood. Makes me think of this song.

Oh, so today was Gap's 40% of regular priced item one-day sale. I bought a few items along with my friend. Today was also American Apparel's special customer sale in Ottawa. My friend said there was a crazy line up for it and at least 30% off everything in the store. Tears for not being there.

Sunday. I went to Dim Sum with my roommates and our friend, who also went to University of Ottawa but is from Toronto. We jokingly call ourselves a family, and that we go on family outings. This was one of them. After that, the boys went to watch a movie while us girls shopped. We were at Fairview Mall. In comparison to Ottawa, I'd say it was a bigger Bayshore. It has H&M and Forever 21, but no Urban Outfitters. This was my first time on the purple line of the subway system. Hooray for exploration. And, hooray for some rejuvenating purchases.

Purchase List:
- Gap: black skinny long belt w/ gold buckle $16
- Gap: tan brown belt $10
- Gap: grey & tan cut-out tights; black & cream thigh-high socks $cheap
- Forever21: off-white open-toe strap band heels w/ ankle strap $32 (what a steal for heels)
- Forever21: multi-colour knitted toque w/ pom pom $9
- TradeSecrets: OPI nail polish (top coat, black onyx - for work, big apple red, and makes men blush) $9.95 - Buy 1 Get 1 50% off. - girls, buy your OPI from tradesecrets.. it's cheaper than Sephora. Though, Sephora does have some special colours for the Christmas season that are hard to pass up. I saw this gold glitter one that is so awesome. Another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment